Derneğimiz, eşit fırsatlar ilkesine bağlı bir kurumdur.
İşe alımlarımızda ırk, din, cinsiyet, yaş, medeni durum ayrımı yapılmamaktadır.
Açık pozisyon olduğu durumlarda, WRI Türkiye Sürdürülebilir Şehirler, iş başvurularını internet kanalıyla kabul etmektedir.
Açık Pozisyon: Technical Adviser, Innovative Urban Solutions
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being. We are working to address six critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water and sustainable cities.
We are passionate. We value our diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds. We have a flexible work environment. And we share a common goal to catalyze change that will improve the lives of people and create a more sustainable future for us all. Our shared ideals are at the core of our approach. They include integrity, innovation, urgency, independence, and respect.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, the Institute brings together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
We have been growing rapidly: our staff has doubled in size over the past five years, and our operating budget is now $100 million. Founded in 1982, WRI has a global staff of nearly 700 people doing work in 50 countries. We have offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Turkey, and the United States.
About WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities
The decisions that national leaders, local officials, developers, and planners make today will determine how billions of people in urban centers will thrive over the next century. Already, half the global population resides in cities. That figure is set to increase to 70 percent by 2050.
Traditional models of city development can lock us into congestion, sprawl, and inefficient resource use. However, compact, connected, and efficient growth can help ensure more competitive cities, and provide a better quality of life for citizens. WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities (WRI Cities) works to ensure cities drive economic opportunity while sustaining natural resources. We use technical expertise, cutting-edge research, and on-the-ground partnerships to design solutions that enable sustainable city growth.
Our analysis and tools allow cities to effectively manage their natural resources and reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. Working across our network, we develop and support the implementation of research-based solutions in sustainable mobility, urban development, as well as urban efficiency & climate that reduce pollution, improve health, and create safe, accessible public spaces for all people to thrive.
WRI Cities builds on WRI’s global and local experience in urban planning and mobility and uses proven solutions and action-oriented tools to increase building and energy efficiency, manage water risk, encourage effective governance and make the fast-growing urban environment more resilient to new challenges. Aiming to influence 200 cities with unique research and tools, WRI Cities focuses on an in-depth cross-sector approach in selected megacities on two continents, and targeted assistance to additional 50 urban areas, bringing economic, environmental and social benefits to people in cities around the globe.
About WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities
WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities is a non-governmental civil society organization that focuses on practical applications of sustainable urban transport and development, based on global research and on-the-ground experience. Cities designed with these principles in mind can provide safer, healthier, and more fulfilling lives for all their residents. In turn, these cities can reap the social, economic, and environmental benefits of sustainable urban development, transport, and public spaces.
WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities started its studies on transportation in Turkey as EMBARQ in 2005. With an institutional reorganization in 2012, EMBARQ renewed its formation and maintained its projects in Turkey under EMBARQ Turkey Sustainable Transportation Association. To introduce integrated solutions to urban problems, WRI united its programs dedicated to cities under WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities in 2015. The EMBARQ Centers in Brazil, China, India, Mexico, and Turkey adapted to the organizational change and became country offices of WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities producing integrated urban solutions in mobility, urban development, energy efficiency and climate change areas.
WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities recognizes the growth of new mobility models in our cities. As the trends of ride-hailing, ridesharing, transit apps, etc. and others grow rapidly, we are committed to steering this industry towards sustainable models that have positive socio-economic and environmental impact. To begin this work, we believe it is first necessary to understand what is happening in the marketplace – to track the industry. This approach is in line with WRI’s count it - change it - scale it strategy.
We seek a full-time professional who is interested in urbanization-led business opportunities.
Technical Adviser position offers the possibility of an overview of new mobility trends in Turkey. The scope of the work under the following:
• Market Scan: Market Scan report on sustainable New Mobility
• Transformative ideas: Research the potential and applicability of cutting edge ideas for implementation in our country context e.g. the potential of open data, behavior change for the sake of reducing VKT in the cities, through the incentives,
• Ecosystem development: Strategy to create a platform and tools for entrepreneurs, engage with government agencies and regulators, and demystify mobility businesses to investors.
The position is located in Istanbul and reports to the Director.
- Writing a report on how new mobility trends are evolving in Turkey. This market scan will study how four trends (shared mobility, commuter experience, product innovation, and data-driven decision making) are changing by looking at the following factors for each: Business models, key players, Investment, Impact, Opportunities, Barriers, Regulations in Turkey.
- Conducting interviews with experts in sustainable new mobility trends to carry out impact studies
- Conducting an analysis of existing regulations/policy or evolving regulations and discussions in sustainable new mobility
- Analyzing industry trends and business models,
- Developing impact metrics.
- Developing a strategy to create a platform/tool(s) to help entrepreneurs in engaging with government agencies and regulators, and demystify mobility businesses to investors.
• A Bachelor's degree is a must,
• Experience in industry trends and business models,
• Experience in technology consulting with an ability to work with data,
• Excellent bilingual fluency-written and oral- in Turkish and English,
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work under pressure,
• Strong analytical writing skills. Final candidates will be required to take a writing test.
• Superb analytical and strategic thinking capabilities,
• Excellent interpersonal skills,
• Strong oral presentation skills, including the ability to simplify complex ideas,
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and persuasive abilities,
• Experience in impact investment is a plus.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
Employee type: Project-based full-time employee. (Depending on the funds raised on the subject and the success of the Technical Adviser, the contract is open to be extended.)
The final candidates will be required to take a writing test. Finalists will need to submit two writing samples.
Qualified applicants should send their CV to email@example.com. All applications must be submitted online to be formally considered.
WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disab