Derneğimiz, eşit fırsatlar ilkesine bağlı bir kurumdur.
İşe alımlarımızda ırk, din, cinsiyet, yaş, medeni durum ayrımı yapılmamaktadır.
Açık pozisyon olduğu durumlarda, WRI Türkiye Sürdürülebilir Şehirler, iş başvurularını internet kanalıyla kabul etmektedir.
Transportation Engineer Assistant
WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities is currently seeking a professional to provide transportation engineering/planning support for ongoing and prospective projects in Turkish cities. Transportation Engineer position offers the opportunity to lead a number of technical projects within a dynamic and growing NGO. The successful candidate will work in cooperation with local governments across the country, and he/she will have responsibility for management of a variety of sustainable urban transportation planning and engineering projects.
WRI Ross Center for Sustainable Cities works to make urban sustainability a reality. Based on longstanding global and local experience in urban planning and mobility, WRI Sustainable Cities uses proven solutions and action-oriented tools to increase building and energy efficiency, manage water risk, encourage effective governance and make the fast-growing urban environment more resilient to new challenges. She/he will work in a global network of Centers for Sustainable Cities based in Mexico, Brazil, India, Turkey and China which are focused on implementing concrete changes to improve mobility and urban development in many of the world’s most important cities, in coordination with a D.C.-based team of distinguished experts.
Aiming to influence 200 cities with unique research and tools, WRI Sustainable Cities focuses on a deep cross-sector approach in four megacities on two continents, and targeted assistance to 30 more urban areas, bringing economic, environmental and social benefits to people in cities around the globe.
The position is located in Istanbul and reports to the Transport & Health and Road Safety Projects Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Under supervision of the Transport & Health and Road Safety Projects Manager, take initiative to assess potential projects that WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities intends to get involved in parallel with its growth strategy;
- Organizing, facilitating and/or attending events that are relevant to WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities sustainable urban transport goals – on an as needed basis;
- Preparing project reports, reviewing reports and work in conjunction with the Transport & Health and Road Safety Projects Manager to finalize the project;
- Assist the team to contribute into Sustainable Urban Transport activities/publications/events within WRI Cities global network.
- Managing the sustainable urban transport projects; building relationship with stakeholders, key partners and institutions throughout Turkey, preparing project plans, project budget and schedules;
- Compile and analyze data and prepare conclusions and recommendations
- Design and prepare preliminary and final layouts of projects
- Perform or oversee any surveys, potential risks
- Supporting communication strategy for each project in cities that WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities has already been working
- Ability of assisting preparation of technical proposals for submission in fundraising, provision of ideas in development and improvement of transportation/traffic policies and supporting any activities in WRI Sustainable Cities – Sustainable Urban Mobility, Health and Road Safety and Urban Development– by writing reports/articles and preparing analysis reports are assets
Qualifications / Experience
- Graduate Degree inCivil Engineering and preferably M.Sc. degree in Transportation Engineering/Traffic Engineering/Transportation Planning
- At least 1 years of hands-on experience in transportation planning with focus on urban mobility or project management.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office (MS Access as well) and capability to learn and use other software and applications. Proficiency in 3D rendering/ACAD/Sketch UP or any other visual add software knowledge is highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good at teamwork
- Able to work in multilingual environment
- Native Turkish speaker
- Possess bilingual fluency in Turkish and English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Turkish and English
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
- Available for short travels
- Passion for sustainable urban mobility and development
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits are negotiable.
Qualified applicants only need apply.
To be considered for this position,
please submit cover letter and resume online at firstname.lastname@example.org
WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is WRI Sustainable Cities, Sustainable Transportation Association's policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability. Sustainable Transportation Association only accepts resumes for current vacancies.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Turkey.