Derneğimiz, eşit fırsatlar ilkesine bağlı bir kurumdur.
İşe alımlarımızda ırk, din, cinsiyet, yaş, medeni durum ayrımı yapılmamaktadır.
Açık pozisyon olduğu durumlarda, WRI Türkiye Sürdürülebilir Şehirler, iş başvurularını internet kanalıyla kabul etmektedir.
Açık Pozisyon: Senior Transport Engineer
The Sr.Transport Engineer/ Planner’s main areas of responsibility will include the following:
Research & Knowledge (%35 of time required)
- Writing technical project work plans and project final reports,
- Reviewing project plans, designing calculations, cost estimations and recommendations prepared by other engineers or municipal officials for completeness, mathematical accuracy and conformity to engineering practices and standards. Compiles and analyzes data and prepare conclusions and recommendations.
- Providing input for the development and maintenance of traffic management policies and procedures in cities.
- Discussing plans, specifications and work schedules with project partners (municipal officials) and other governmental agencies.
- Overseeing risks, layout and inspection of projects.
- Participating in studies to determine sufficiency of existing systems and structures and programming of future urban transportation projects.
- Investigating traffic problems and recommends methods to improve traffic flow, accessibility and safety.
- Leading the communication efforts for each project in the cities.
- Developing advanced quantitative and qualitative strategies to solve complex challenges.
- Leading research activities in WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities.
- Developing partnerships with a wide variety of entities and other key stakeholders in order to affect external charge.
- Mentoring and coaching team members on how to be innovative and solve problems related to field of work.
- Developing problem-solving methodologies.
- Eliciting cooperation from upper management, cross programmatic or project management, partners, and other key stakeholders in order to effect external change.
- Designing and delivering updated guidance and instruction on WRI research efforts to WRI Global staff.
- Publishing major academic publication on big impact topics.
- Producing at least 2 WRI publications /year.
- Producing at least 4 blogs or online stories per year.
- Authoring at least one major publication (that leads to major top 10 outcomes per year)
- Contributing to monthly, quarterly progress reports.
- Helping to write project proposals and technical reports to be submitted for funding programs.
Program / Project Management (% 50 of time required)
- Managing the sustainable urban transport projects, by leading value assurance reviews, managing the relationships with the stakeholders, developing project plans, budgets and timelines.
- Devising and reviewing reports and evaluations for Turkish cities in the field of sustainable urban transport by applying a holistic approach as required.
- Extensive networking and high level representation at international technical meetings.
- Overseeing the projects where WRI Turkey Sustainable Cities is actively involved.
- Serving as transport field expert of Sustainable Urban Transport for the WRI’s Sustainable Cities global network.
- Traveling within Turkey and abroad as necessary.
Program Development (% 15 of time required)
- Writing projects proposals when needed.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in hands-on transportation planning and engineering assignments, particularly in sustainable urban mobility. Experience in traffic safety analysis, road safety inspection and audits, traffic impact analysis, accessibility will all be assets.
- Proven success in providing technical leadership and training junior staff.
- Has a reputation that warrants key-note requests at major conferences and international events
- Significant experience with interaction and advisory to local governments.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects, anticipate issues, propose solutions and implement them successfully.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and capability to use software applications for transportation planning and engineering.
- Excellent bilingual fluency in Turkish and English.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Proven track record of substantial achievement and influence in the field of sustainable transport working with government, civil society and private sector partners and collaborators.
- Superb analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
- Proven ability to secure funding on a large scale, as well as extensive experience with project development and proposal writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Humility and a sense of humor.
- Willingness to travel with Turkey and abroad.
Final candidates will be required to take a writing / analytical test. Finalists will need to submit 1 writing samples.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
Qualified applicants should apply online at email@example.com . All applications must be submitted online in order to be formally considered.